Mini Puffed Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
Another yummy breakfast recipe for the week, all from basically flour, milk and eggs. These little beauties are delicious topped with a strawberry sauce, or even a blueberry one too. We tried that variety last weekend and I don’t think there was a drop left. Just sub blueberries for the strawberries in the recipe, everything else stays the same.
These puffed pancakes are just like little mini popovers, for breakfast. The mini size is perfect for kiddos, and there’s usually an air pocket inside, that once you take the first bite, is perfect for scooping up a bunch of sauce inside for the perfect second bite. Delicious, folks. And ridiculously easy we even have these during the week too because they’re so easy to whip up.
Mini Puffed Pancakes with Berry Sauce
recipe slightly adapted from Our Best Bites
- Prep Time: 10 minutes.
- Cook Time: 17 minutes.
- Ready in 27 Minutes.
- Makes: 24 Pieces
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- 6 large frozen or fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons berry jam
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar, if needed, to taste
- Place mini muffin pan in oven and heat to 400 degrees.
- While oven is heating, place flour, milk, eggs, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Carefully remove the pan from the oven (remember, it it hot!) and quickly spray the wells with cooking spray. Fill muffin wells 3/4 full with batter. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffed and slightly golden on top. Remove puffs and place on plate or platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Drizzle with berry sauce and serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
- How to make berry sauce :
- Place berries, jam , juice and sugar in a blender and pulse a few times until desired consistency is reached.