I was inspired by a few ripe mangoes sitting in my fruit bowl to come up with a salsa using just the ingredients I had in the house (since our car is broken and we can’t get to the store). This is what I created and I wasn’t the least bit disappointed. In fact, even if I could have, I wouldn’t add a single thing.
We used this salsa on top of some shredded chicken tacos (again, because that’s what we already had on hand) and it worked well, but I think I’d like it even more over grilled fish. Really, fish, chicken or pork, I think all would make worthy meats to top with this concoction. I love the freshness pairing of the mangoes, mint and lime together and the bit of heat that the jalapeno offers. Yum. Can’t wait to make this again and again.
recipe created by The Redbird
- Prep Time: 15 minutes.
- Ready in 15 Minutes.
- Makes: 4 Servings
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.